PANACHE is one of the popular 38′ Morgan 384 Sloops sailboat charters and has the essentials such as a newer main and 135% genoa on a roller furling, self-tailing sheet winches, and a new 2013 Dodger and awning. Her topsides gleam and are original gelcoat and her bottom has an Interprotect epoxy barrier coat. Her teak interior has been varnished and shows very well. This is an “ideal” cruising sloop which has handsome lines, moderate 5′ draft, and a prop protected in an aperture against lobster pots. The 384 Morgan is the best of the Morgan 38 models, sporting a larger rudder, taller mast for light air performance, increased ventilation using 4 Dorade ventilators, a mainsheet traveller forward of the cockpit, upgraded portlights and numerous storage lockers below.
- Boat Type Morgan 38 - 384 Sloop
- Rate $3,000/week (high season), $2,700/week (low season), $450/day 4 day minimum
- Berths/Berthing 6 Berths in 2 Cabins
- Power Single Perkins 4-108 diesel, 50 hp, 4 cylinder, FWC
- L.O.A 38.4 ft
- Draft 5.0 ft
- Beam 12.0 ft
- Water 90 Gallons in 2 tanks
- Fuel 40 Gallon Diesel tank
- Cruise Speed 6.0-6.5 knots @ 2000 RPM
- Heads 1
- Displacement 18,000 lbs
- Engines Single Perkins 4-108 diesel, 50 hp, 4 cylinder, FWC
- Equipment & Gear • Chain locker forward, followed by vee berth cabin with filler piece, hanging locker, storage and hatch overhead. • Next to port is a large enclosed head with separate stall shower, W.C., and sink; hanging lockers opposite to starboard. • Main salon has an L-shaped dinette to port which converts to a double, to starboard is a settee berth and pilot berth. • A teak drop leaf dining table is on center. • The spacious, U-shaped galley is aft to port with double S/S sinks, hot and cold pressure water, 2 burner LPG stove and oven, large icebox, numerous storage cabinets and abundant countertops. • Opposite to starboard is a navigation station and wide single/double quarter berth. • Interior finish is varnished teak bulkheads and cabinetry, teak and holly sole, and ash hull ceiling. • Vee berth and quarter berth foam and covers are newly recovered. • New Dickinson Caribbean 2 burner propane stove with oven. • Pressure hot/cold water. • 6 gallon electric hot water, 110V and off engine. • Double stainless sink with back-up manual freshwater and saltwater foot pump. • Large insulated icebox. • Manual W.C. (head). • Shower with sump pump. • Garmin GPS Map 541 with US and Canadian coverage. • Nexus NX2 wind, speed and depth. • Autohelm 4000 autopilot. • Horizon Voyager VHF. • Waterproof ICOM IC-M2A portable VHF and ACR 2775 Category II EPIRB with a Rapid Ditch Bag. AM/FM radio with cassette.
- Safety Equipment • 35 lb Delta anchor with chain and 200' nylon rode. • Danforth Deepset II anchor with 300' nylon rode. • 2 Bomar hatches, one with integrated solar vent. • 4 screened teak Dorade boxes with re-chromed cowl vents with deck plates. • New 2013 dodger with attachable cockpit awning. • Closed-cell foam cockpit cushions. • Folding teak table and cup holders. • Inclinometer. • Manual bilge pump at helm. • New compliant propane system under helm seat with 1-10lb LPG bottle. • Backup stainless emergency steering. • Staff mounted U.S. Yacht Ensign.
- Tools & Deck Gear • Sail area: 680 sq. ft. ______________________ • Mast above DWL: 54'6". SELLER(S) • Mast stepped on keel. • 384 Morgan improvments include taller mast by 4' for improved light air sailing, new larger rudder for increased responsiveness and superior helm balance. • 2011 North Sails NorDac Main with 2 reefing points, second reef deeper than standard. • Jiffy reefing. • 2000 135% Anson Genoa in very good condition. • 1990 155% Genoa (in storage, but believed to be in good condition). • Cruising Spinnaker with dousing sock in excellent condition. • New 2013 white sail cover. • Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster - reconditioned several years ago. • Harken Roller Unit 2. • Heavy 4:1 block and tackle. • S/S standing rigging. • Dacron running rigging. • Mainsheet traveler forward of Dodger. • 2 Lewmar S.T. 46 two speed sheet winches. • Mainsheet Lewmar winch and 3 halyard winches. • Inboard and outboard jib sheet tracks. • 2 aft mounted large turning blocks