QUERENCIA – ALDEN 44′
QUERENCIA is a very handsome sailing vessel whether under sail or at anchor, she is an eye catcher. While offering shoal draft, she is truly an offshore sailing vessel. The perfect boat for a cruise in Maine, she can do it all while looking good and performing well.
QUERENCIA’S condition will not disappoint even the most discriminating of yachtsmen. She has always been updated and maintained professionally, and it shows that her owners have cared for her with love and pride.
Accommodations for up to six in a beautifully crafted and finished full varnished teak interior with varnished teak and holly sole. Espar diesel cabin heat provides season extending warmth.
Superb natural light and ventilation with 4 hatches, six opening ports, 4 fixed ports and two dorades. Artificial ventilation is provided via numerous overhead dome style lamps and swivel style reading lamps at each berth and settee.
Starting forward is the private Forward Cabin featuring a 6′-6″ V-berth with filler below which there is there is bin type storage and above which there hull is lined with varnished teak ceilings and full length storage shelf. Access to the anchor locker is at the fwd bulkhead. Aft of the port V is a bureau with drawers and locker outboard while aft of the starboard V is a hanging locker.
Next aft is the Main Salon featuring straight settees P&S. Behind the seat backs there is storage in lockers and in lockers and shelves above the settees. dining is from a drop leaf pedestal table on centerline that provides some additional storage. A generous hanging lockers is aft of the port settee adjacent to the fwd. companionway and ladder. A unique feature is the extensive storage built in below the cabin sole in the main salon.
Continuing aft and to port is the Enclosed Head which is a walk thorugh arrangement featuring ensuite shower draining to a separate sump pump, vanity with stainless sink, manual W.C. (rebuilt in 2011) plumbed via a Y valve to the holding tank (the holding tank and all waste plumbing was new in 2006).
Opposite the head is the Galley on the starboard side. Inboard are dish and silver ware shelving above, counter space and deep double stainless steel sinks below with H&C fresh and manual fresh and salt water pumps as well as a pull out trash receptacle. Opposite is the all stainless steel Shipmate 3 burner gimballed propane stove with oven, extensive additional storage in lockers and drawers and at the fwd end to boxes for chilled food stuffs. In 2010 the lower box was fitted with new Seafrost 12VDC refrigeration and the upper box could easily be so fitted as a freezer.
Continuing aft is the private Aft Stateroom with separate companionway to the cockpit. Forward and to starboard is hanging locker while opposite is a bureau with drawers and locker. The berths are 6′-8″ in length and are wider than standard. On centerline is an expansive chart table with drawers under as well as a large deep locker. A clever chart storage rack is over the port berth and additional storage is found at the aft upper outboard corners in deep teak faced trays that slide aft into the cockpit coamings.
Throughout the interior of this Alden 44 looks like a bot just several years old thanks to thoughtful care new upholstery and cushions and her recent re-varnishing.
- All new cushions and upholstery
- Espar diesel cabin heat system
- Jensen AM/FM/CD Stereo system with remote in cockpit
- Speakers in Salon and “portable speakers” wired for cockpit
- 4 12 volt cabin fans
- Lee cloths on all berths and settees
- * Custom storage bins have been fitted below the main salon sole which hold an abundance of gear that is require on a less frequent basisElectronicsFully fitted for coastal cruising or offshore sailing, numeorus upgrades. Garmin displays in the cockpit helm and at the Nav. Station while “primary” sailing instruments are mounted at the fwd end of the cockpit with a multi display repeater below.Nav. Station Electronics• Garmin 4008 color Radar/Plotter
• Raymarine 6000+ autopilot with smart pack with remote for cockpit
- • B&G H1000 programable multi display
• Icom M127 VHF
• Icom M700PRO Single Side Band
• Iridium Sat. PhoneCockpit Electronics• Garmin 4208 color radar/plotter
• Raymarine 6000+ autopilot remote
• B&G Wind Pt. & Speed
• 2 B&G H1000 multi programmable displays • Danforth 6″ binnacle mount compass
• ACR 406 mhz EPIRBSails & Rigging
- Harken roller furling
- Navtech hydraulic backstay adsuter
- (2) Barient #32ST 2 speed primaries
- (2) Barient #28 2 speed secondaries
- Barient #25ST 2 speed mainsheet winch
- Barient #22 2 speed out haul & reefing line winch
- Barinet #25ST 2 speed main halyard winch
- Barient #23 2 speed staysail halyard winch
- (2) Barient #25 2 speed jib halyard winches
- Barient #25 2 speed spinnaker halyard winch
- Detachable inner forestay for staysail
- Club foot boom and track for staysail
- Sperry main with 2 reef points
- Sperry 120% RF geneoa
- 150% RF geneoa
- 130% RF geneoa
- 90% RF jib
- 70% app storm jib
- Loose luff Yankee jib
- Staysail, hank on with ORC orange storm sail patch
- Storm trysail with ORC orange storm sail patch
- 2 spinnaker halyards, 2 jib halyards, 1 staysail halyard
- 1.5 oz spinnaker
- Main halyard & jib sheets
- currently not fitted with full spinnaker gear
- reaching strut •IJPE : 1035.00 sq ft I : 63.00 ft
J : 16.42 ft
P : 56.00 ftE : 18.50 ftElectricalWired for both 12 Volt DC and 110 Volt AC service. A 2011 Xantrex 1000 watt inverter will handle lighter loads when off the dock.12 Volt DC• Marinetics electrical distribution panel with breakers
- • Volt & amp meters
• 80 Amp alternator
• 2 Group 31 house batteries• 1 Group 31 Engine start battery
110 Volt AC
• Switch panel with breakers
• Volt & amp meters
• 30 amp shore power connection aft • 50′ 30 amp shore power cord
• 4 Outlets
• 30 amp battery charger
• Water heater (also engine supplied) • Xantrex 1000 watt inverter
• Xantrex Link 10 batter monitor
Westerbeke 42B turns a 2 blade fixed 18″ X 12″ propellor through a 2.47:1 reduction gear, providing a 6.5 kt cruise at 2400 rpm and 7.3 kt at WOT of 3,000
• Edson engine controls
• Racor fuel filter
• Engine compartment automatic Halon fire extinguishing system
• Fuel guages
• Water tank guages
• 1 electric bilge pump
• 1 manual bilge pump
• 2nd high capacity emergency manual bilge pump
• Edson pedestal wheel steering
• Seafrost refrigeration
• Espar diesel cabin heat
• Navtech hydraulic system for centerboard and backstay.
Hull & Deck
Fiberglass partially balsa cored hull with Jade Green Awlgrip finish with a white/green/white boot top and gold cove stripe built using vacuum bagged construction technique. Keel/centerboard configuration with a separate skeg hung rudder and propeller aperture. Additional reinforcement in way of the longitudinal and transverse fiberglass-laminated web, underneath the mast step and around the centerboard trunk. The bottom is finished with a blue hard epoxy antifouling that has been kept well sanded and shows no build up.
Partially balsa cored deck built with several layers of woven roving and mat. The deck is finished with a glued down teak overlay that is in excellent condition
- Boat Type Alden 44'
- Rate $4,500/Week plus $300/day captain
- Berths/Berthing 6